Join us at CB1 meeting to discuss EDC’s decision to demolish the New Market Building
Manhattan Community Board One has invited the NYC Economic Development Corporation to its next meeting to discuss the EDC’s decision to demolish the New Market Building.
This Tuesday evening 1/16 at Community Board 1’s Waterfront, Parks & Resiliency Committee – 6:00 PM
Location: Community Board 1 – Conference Room
1 Centre Street, Room 2202A-North
1) Governors Island – Update by Sarah Krautheim, Director, External Relations, The Trust
for Governors Island
2) South Street East River Community Development Corporation – Update by SSERCDC
3) The New Market Building and the need to Reconstitute the Seaport Working Group –Update and Resolution
4) Potential new park sites – Discussion
5) Battery Park City Authority resiliency funding – Discussion
Three years ago Save Our Seaport helped to prevent the Howard Hughes Corporation from constructing a 650′ tall building on this site. Now is a chance to reverse the process of neglect and demolition so that a better plan can be put into place, a plan that respects the South Street Seaport Historic District and its maritime traditions, a plan that preserves this public asset.
Let’s show up to advocate for the return of the Seaport Working Group, so that ALL of the stakeholders can determine the future of this historic site.
SOS will issue updates as new information becomes available.